Tuesday, May 25, 2010

For those who take the pill, when do you take your pill?

I was on the pill for a few years, but struggled with remembering to take it on time every day. I switched to Nuvaring about a year ago and loved the freedom that the ring gave...

After seeing my doctor this week, I have gone off the ring. It seemed like it was starting to become ineffective, and wasnt working right with my body.

So I will start back with the pill (yasmin) after my next period. However, I cant decide on a good time to take it every day. I do not have a super regular sleep schedual (meaning I go to sleep and wake up at different times all week), and I feel weird about taking my pill at the office... so I'm stumped!

When do you take the pill? Time of day, how you remember, and why it works for you would be appreciated!
Answer:
My schedule shifts around a lot, too, so I take mine at 11:00am. My cellphone alarm is set to go off everyday at that time and remind me to take it. I'm at the office 5 days a week, and no one has ever questioned my alarm or what I'm taking (not that it's any of their business anyway).

I decided upon 11am, because I know I'll be up at that time whether or not I got up early that day or decided to stay up late the night before. Consistency with the time is extra important for me because I'm on the mini-pill, and with that type there is a much smaller window in which it must be taken each day in order to be effective.
Why not take it at supper every day. Also if you have trouble remembering to take it make a huge poster type type sign you can put somewhere or set a timer on your computer or PDA to go off at a certain time of day to remind you.
I take mine with dinner. I just leave the back in the kitchen or by the dinner table, and never forget, cause it's right there all the time:) It's also nice cause if it has any side effects like nausea, I sleep through it!:)
I also have my cell phone remind me at 8:00pm, just in case;)
I take my pill at bedtime and I remember because I keep them next to my toothbrush, so when I get ready for bed I brush my teeth and can't help but see my pills sitting there waiting for me!

I think that if you take your pill within few hour span everyday, say between nine pm and twelve am, you should be okay, but check the website for your pill first to be sure.
I take mine at 9:30pm. It makes it easier then trying to do it in the morning when I don't wake up at the same time, ior n the afternoon when I am bouncing between classes. Sometimes you have to make sure you have it in your purse if your out past then but it's a lot easier, at least for me. Hope this helps. :-)
I take mine right before bed, and leave it sitting on my night stand so I see it and remember...

I know some doctors say it has to be taken at EXACT SAME TIME, thats a load of bull crap!!

Just take it generally around same time and that works, like say for me, I take it at night before bed, I usually go to sleep between 11-midnight, however sometimes its much later... things happen... its fine according to the doctors I've seen int he past few years about this...

So I'd say take it before bed, and if ur off a few min, or half hour, or hour or a lil more, its not a big deal, its not going to work any less, or different. :D hope this helps...
I take mine at bedtime. I have a heartburn pill I have to take everynight too so I just put them on my nightstand and take them everynight! I tried taking it the morning, and never could remember, but I always remember before I go to bed.
I take mine at 10 pm. I never really wake up the same time each day, but I'm always still up at 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net