Saturday, October 24, 2009

Feelings after a miscarriage?

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice please, I had a miscarriage on monday 9th July and was told by my gp that the bleeding will last 2-3 days, but I am still feeling light headed and nausea throughout the day, is this normal ? take care everyone, Helen xx
Answer:
Your feelings of being lightheaded and dizzy are more than likely due to the increase blood loss. It is common for somebody in your position to feel slightly ill or lightheaded but you should be aware of just how much blood your losing. Keep track of the number of pads you are using each day and if your symptoms get worse call your Dr. and let her know. It should pass in a few days but you should be in bed resting and be sure to get some food in you.
Omg I'm so sorry for your loss :(
OMG i feel so sorry for you :(
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I had 2 miscarriages many years ago, and the feelings you are having are your body telling you that you need to rest. And not for a couple of days either. You need to put your feet up, watch a few nice films, a big box of chocolates and a nice bottle of wine and rest rest rest. I did that and it takes time, but you will be ok i am sure of that. Take the best care of yourself
I had a miscarriage and bled heavily for about 4 days and light bleeding up until around the 10th day.
The nausea is probably down to the fact that your losing blood, and also just the trauma of the miscarriage.
If it is morning sickness then that should ease off almost immediately, but you did only miscarry on Monday, so I would not be too alarmed but the lightheadedness at this point.
Its a horrible thing to go through, so my thoughts are with you.
Take care
I am so sorry this happened to you.
You have my sincerest condolences.
I don't know how to answer your question because I don't know anything about how you should feel.
But I hope you are alright and someday you will be happy.
I'll pray for you and your little angel.
Well, if you are losing a lot of blood then that's probably why you are feeling light headed. The symptoms usually take a while to go anyway. Did they do a scan or an internal to check that everything was ok?
I am so very sorry to hear about you r loss. It's normal to feel this way for a few days..as long as the bleeding doesn't get really bad.
Make sure you relax a few days , do not get up on your feet any more than you need to. Take care
Omg I'm so sorry for your loss
this thing will go by time
so sorry for your loss. this happened to me years ago ,and the baby misscarried in hospital where they kept me in for a few days. they dont do that now. isnt there someone who could look after your little girl while you rest? even if its only say afternoons for a week or so , till you feel a bit better?Maybe a relative, neighbour or even a child minder, just to give you a break. be sure to eat and get plenty of sleep, so your mind and body can get over this, do please take care
So sorry for your loss!

Kevin C is correct on keeping track of the amount of pads you are using. Perhaps he is in the medical field.but the info is correct. We all don't know how many weeks pregnant you might have been, but bleeding heavy for some time after is normal. You can expect more blood flow when you stand if you were laying down and sometimes from sitting. This is normal.

From the loss of blood, your iron level is down. You can take addition iron vitamins and if you don't have them in the house, have someone shop for you and bring them to you. This will help from feeling lightheaded, and eating strawberries help your body break down the iron for your body to use it. You can also eat bannanas to help with lightheadedness. Drink plenty of water or fruit juice to stay hydrated.

Do not use tampons at all with the sad news, only pads. If the pads become soaked and need changing at the rate of one per 15 minutes, it is an emergency and you must call for an ambulance and get to a hospital ASAP. Do not try to drive yourself if this occures but it would be smart to call a neighbor to come until they arrive. Driving is never recommended for a few weeks. Check with your doctor to find out how long you should wait for driving.

Do not take asprin as this leads to increased amounts of bleeding. You should not lift heavy objects such as a laundry basket or even push a vac around the house. Nothing is as important as you becoming well.

If you get fever or chills, you should call your doctor right away, but if his/her office is closed, go to an emergency room for a check up. If you do head to a hospital, do not take asprin, other meds, drink or eat until after you are there and seen by a doctor.

Helen I'm sure you will be fine and heal quickly! This sad time will pass too over time. Spending time in the company of the child you already have will help heal the sadness.

I wish you well and all the best Helen.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I have experienced a miscarriage as well, a while ago, so I know what you're going through.

You are describing normal symptoms. They shouldn't last for too much longer. If you are still feeling this way, though, let's say over the weekend, or become worse, I suggest a call to the doctor. An ultrasound should be done to make sure that you don't have anymore tissue left in the uterus, and a bloodtest should be done to make sure that your HCG levels are going down.

If these tests show that there is tissue left or that your HCG levels aren't decreasing, then a D%26C may be required.

Hugs to you... I wish you well.
I am so very sorry for your loss. You may want to see this
when you're feeling up to it. Very, very beautiful

http://www.ispokewithmychild.com...
I found out I were pregnant on the 25th June which were a monday and me and my husband were overjoyed. Then the following thursday I started bleeding so went to hospital. They sent me home after reviewing my symptoms telling me to rest and to come back monday morning and they'll do a scan. I was horrified not knowing if everything was ok or not, thought the next 3-4 days are going to be a big worry causing unnecessary stress. But on the saturday I started getting some really comfortable pains in my side so off again back to hospital, this time they kept me in I were still bleeding and because of the pain they suspected ectopic pregnancy but I still had to wait to monday morning before they would do a scan. Monday came still bleeding had a scan and told the were nothing in my womb, they did more blood tests and the pregnancy hormone were dropping so I miscarried. I stopped bleeding a week later, overall I bleed for nearly two weeks. I'm just so numb with how to feel its a horrible experience and I really do feel for you. take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net