Saturday, October 31, 2009

First Gyno Visit. Please help calm me down!! ?

I am going for my first gyno physical. My doctor is a female. I have never liked going to the doctor but this is going to be like 100 times more embarrassing and painful than any other exam. I am a virgin so I am not afraid of having any diseases, its just the idea of those stirrup things that you put your legs in and then the doctor feeling around inside of you (which I have heard hurts...?). Please tell me it's no big deal and I am way overreacting!! Do you have any tips or words of advice?

And I was wondering-what if you have your period on the day of the appointment? Do they reschedule or just do the exam anyway? wouldnt that be kind of gross?

Thanks
Answer:
They reshcedual the appointment, they wont do a pelvic exam if youre bleeding

I remember being afriad before my first appointment. Just take a few breaths and calm down. Remember that its routine for them, and they do understand if your scared.

Try and relax through the whole thing. It doesnt hurt, its maybe a tad uncomfortable--but only for a few seconds. It feels good to know youre healthy afterwards!
ok well you are getting wayy to worked up about this just relaxx yes you might be uncomfortable but people go there all the time when you are there just relax and when they start to "feel" inside dont think about it hurting just think about something different trust me you already got through your first period so its all easy from here
They will re-schedule if you are on your period. They would not want to do the exam during that time, so don't worry about that.

The actual exam can be uncomfortable if you are a virgin; however, if you use tampons, I wouldn't worry -- it is no more uncomfortable than that. And they will use a speculum that is appropriately sized for you, if you are a small person.

I think getting over the embarrassment is most of the battle. It's just something women have to do; at least it's only once a year!

I try to think of something else while they are doing the exam, and kind of pretend I am not really there! :-) That seems to help, and before I know it, it's over and done with.
I'm not sure if anyone can help calm you down, but just know that once you get it over with, it's all downhill from there. This is a natural feeling to be nervous your first time for your first woman's exam. I'm pretty sure most woman are. Just know that it's a medical exam and the doctor will explain everything she is doing. If you truly are too anxious about it, maybe it's too soon for you to have this exam. And yes, they would reschedule the appointment if you were on your period. Hope that helps.
If you are all tensed up the chances are greater that it might hurt. Why would it be embarrassing? Every woman is built the same way and this doctor has seen vast numbers of women and thinks nothing of it. Do you feel different than others?

Yes, It is no big deal and you are overreacting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net