Saturday, October 31, 2009

First time hot flashes and late period..perimenopausal symptoms..normal.?

I'm 46, experiencing a lot of hot flashes for the first time in my life over the last 4-6 weeks..my period is also about a week late...are these all normal perimenopausal symptoms?
Answer:
Yes they are!
My first indication was late period (6 weeks w/o) and I had been having hot flashes for a few months. I was 44 at the time. All the GP would say is " your perimenopausal", but another doc actually did a blood test to check the levels of FSH.
(I told him I was either pregnant or menopausal and I needed to know!)
I ended up w/o a period for about 3 months and since then the flashes have gotten a little better, but having mor regular type periods?! Every 6-7 weeks, but 2 weeks at a time?!
Good luck, and if you are concerned go to your Dr. and have them do the test! Its easy!
If the hot flases are really bothering you, I have friends who swear by black cohash...you can get it a the drugstore.
A
Ok Im no expert but to be considered menopausal you have to have stopped having your cycle for 5 to 6 consecutive months. You very well could be in the very begining though I have been following my mother in law going through the same thing and her Dr said its pre and theres nothing they can do right now but she started taking esroven and it seems to help her hotr flashes and help her sleep. Hope I could help, Colleen
Its normal but I suggets to you to go and see a doctor because the doctor can give you the medicine that will reduce the symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net