Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fibrocystic Breasts?

I'm very young, definitely under the age of 30 (Most women with Fibrocystic breasts are between 30-50) and I have what seems to be fibrocystic breasts, except for I have no pain, like most do. Is it possible to have lumpier breasts than most but not have fibrocystic breasts? Should I be concerned and ask my doctor this? It is hard to self examine when you can't decipher between good and bad lumps. I'm still developing, but I am still concerned.
Answer:
My sister was diagnosed with fibrocystic breasts in her 20's and never had any pain. The doctor found a lump, then another. They removed one lump and did a biopsy to be certain and the rest they just keep an eye on for strange changes. Go to your doctor or OB/GYN. While you're getting checked, ask him/her to show you how to do a good breast exam. I agree it's hard to check for lumps in such a lumpy place!
fibrocystic disease is not a clinical diagnosis its hystological. Meaning you need a biopsy to make that diagnosis
Your breast are probably lumpy because of fibrocystic breast disease..just make sure that the lumps are not hard..if so, inform your doctor of your findings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net