Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fertility?

I was diagnosed with edometriosis two weeks ago, the surgeons letter said he found multiple deposits of endometriosis in the pouch of douglas and on the broad ligament behind my left ovary. He removed the deposits but I worry how much this will affect my fertility, Iam 20 years old and my long term partner is 22 i asked him if he would try for a baby with me encase i cant get pregnant in the future and he said no he doesnt want one at the moment!! i respect he doesnt want one now but its really upsetting me that he may be taking away my chance to have babies???
If anyone knows or has endometriosis i would appreciate any advise thanks!
Answer:
It is definitely a risk since there is no cure for endometriosis. With that said, there are some treatment programs available that could help improve your chances if you and your significant other decide to wait.

鈥?Medication to suppress ovarian activity and slow endometrial tissue growth

鈥?Surgery to remove misplaced endometrial tissue

鈥?Surgery to remove the uterus, fallopian tubes and/or the ovaries

鈥?A combination of medication and surgery

No one treatment has been proven more effective than another. Treatments are chosen according to the woman鈥檚 specific symptoms, plans to have children, and her age.
About 40% of the women suffering from endometriosis will have problems conceiving. So, it might be you need medical help to get pregnant in the future.
I am not an expert, but you can find a lot of help by joining a self-help group like
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/erc/...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chronicsev...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ercgirltal... (this is for girls below 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net